Thursday, January 15, 2009

Kidney flipping stone

I...have...a...kidney....stone.

I have been absent from the blog world.....but I have a doctors excuse! :)

Heres a fun bit for you:

Monday- threw up ALL day
Monday night- threw up half the night
Tuesday- more barfing....

So my boss said that I may have the nasty stomache thing thats going around and to go to the dr. Since I couldn't get in till Wed. with my regular doc I carried my happy butt to Urgent Care.

After blood work (three sticks to get a vein since I was so dehydrated), a tummy xray (because any time something is wrong with a crohnie an xray is in the cards) and a urinalysis....We find out that the vomiting is a kidney stone that can be seen on xray, I have blood in my urine, my body was burning 'ketones' blah blah blah....... Need I mention that after four hours of vomiting in the Urgent Care bathroom, I begged to be able to go home to vomit in my own clean bathroom. So I got to go home but had to go back yesterday morning for abdominal ct. Hopefully my 5mm stone will pass without any intervention.

So here I sit. I am going back to work today. I get to pee in a lovely strainer type thing (noodles , anyone?) and hope that all comes out ok. :)

Happy Trails!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Mamaw had a kidney stone once--she peed in a soup can until she heard the "plink" of the stone when she passed it. You may have seen the stone--she saved it in a pill bottle for show and tell!!
I ordered The Christmas Sweater at the church bookstore last night. Hopfully I'll be enjoying it this weekend.
Feel better soon. Love, Aunt J.