Thursday, April 9, 2009

Slackin again....but for good reason!

I have been super busy and really haven't thought to write.....but since I am homebound.....time abounds.

I had my face basically chemically burnt off on Monday. At the last minute, I elected to not do the sedation. (WRONG CHOICE!!!!!!!). So with a whopping 3 advils (thanks to the plastic surgeon) on board, I was put through Hell. Fun tidbits......

1. It was Hell on earth. I spent 45 minutes wide awake....shaking and crying. Those horrid 45 minutes are nothing when compared to eternity in Hell. My God reigns. It hurt. Like a blowtorch to the face....with burning razorblades raking across the skin. Horrible.

2. I only swore once. That is a miracle in and of itself. When the doc asked how I was doing I told him I wanted to blow him out then said the word that rhymes with 'wit'. 1 bad word- PROGRESS.

3. About twenty minutes in, I gave it (the pain) to Jesus. And said the Serenity Prayer. On repeat. In fact I just about wore it out.

4. I shook so hard that my ABS are still sore. Yes, that is correct. My STOMACH muscles shook. Ugh.

5. They offered to get my mom from the waiting room. Since I love her, I told them no. She would have flipped.

6. I cried so hard some of the blue dye came off!

7. I rode home with the AC on blast...crying.

I was the only patient they have had do this procedure without sedation. I am fairly certain I am also the last.

Pics coming as soon as I upload them. :)

No comments: