Monday, April 28, 2008

another great day off...

This morning I went with one of my best friends to Greenville so she could pay a past debt. Honestly- I really didn't want to go. It was rainy, yucky, and perfectly dark enough to stay in bed and do nothing all day. She came by at 9:45 and we headed to G-Vegas. It rained the whole way there but stopped once we left the tax office. So, we decided to stop by the house my brother is having built. My parents went by on Saturday and found the thing unlocked, so I figured it still would be. We get to the house and there were no workers.....so I was betting on it still being unlocked. Well, the front door was locked. So- my genius self walked through the neighbors yard around back. Reminder: It has poured all morning. So, since the house still isn't done, there is no sod. Nope- none. So- me and my pretty NEW sneakers run as quickly as possible across the RED CLAY DIRT. My best friend was laughing......I was sinking. And the dang back door was locked!!!!!

Lesson learned. In life......and construction sites, it is best to survey the scene before impulsively acting. I really need to focus on the whole picture.........and while the quickest way from point a to point b may appear to be a straight line- there may be obstacles.....both seen and unforeseen. I clearly saw that there was a better way to go- (around the OTHER side of the house) yet I chose the lesser option.

So- Lorin was cracking up. I had to take my shoes off and put them in the back of her truck for the ride home.

Then the sun came out and my shoes ACTUALLY CAME CLEAN. It only took a couple mins with the hose and they are good as new.

And, the sun has remained out all day! Got in a bit of tanning.

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there--you are not the only one with dirty tennies! I have also learned that construction sites are a hazard!!Speaking of which--I better call Allison and tell her to wear old shoes tonite when she and Jeff come by to see the progress at my house. Hope you can come see me sometime--you will have your own room!! Love ya!! Aunt J.