Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Show up to your life!

So last night, I was in the car with a friend coming home from dinner- listening to DELILAH. Go ahead and laugh....but I love her show. Anywho, she mentioned that we should "show up to our lives."

It hit me.

My take: You can't sit back and expect to pray your way out of life's obstacles. I like to refer to those prayers as "foxhole prayers". You have to put action and true meaning behind your prayers AND your life. As 'they' say: faith without works is dead. (sidenote: who is they????). I have to meet my Savior somewhere in the middle........I have to do everything in my power to grow in circumstances- good and bad- asking for His assistance and guidance along the way- and when I can do no more, I have to ask Him to take over- completely.

Do you show up to your life?

No comments: