Monday, December 8, 2008

forgot:

Ok, so I have never been one to flip out about my birthday. The whole 'getting older' thing never really struck a chord. It was just another day.......

Until:

I fully comprehended that in just more than 48 hours I will be closer to 40 than to 16. 16 seems like yesterday......so that makes 40 tomorrow. hmmmm. So, as I work on embracing the big, bold....(just around the corner from "30") big, fantasic, and wonderful 29.......i rationalize the occasion as follows:

1. Mark is still way older.
2. Chuck is still way older.
3. The parents are way way older.
4. Buffett is still older.....thanks to dog years.
5. That special dog Oscar is older......and at a ripe 49 in dog years he is finally using the restroom outside.....the majority of the time! Granted he pukes all them time and smells AWFUL...... but

I must concede that things do get better with time. People get better with time. I would rather spend 1 day "old" and loving Jesus than a lifetime denying Him.

And, so, I will wake up on Thursday morning...on alert for fine lines. And should they appear....well.......we will cross that bridge when we get there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you didn't mention your way old aunt--thanks for that!! And I can't believe you remember the pic of Allison on the rock--what color was the dress--do you
remember that detail??? Happy B-day Dear--older but wiser and way sweeter and more special than ever!! Love ya!! Aunt J.

Melinda said...

It was green.

Allison Reynolds said...

haha yes it was green and i looked freakin' hot!




shove it!

=) haha LOVE YOU!!!!