Monday, February 18, 2008

Passing some time until a friend comes by....

1. This past Christmas, I was given the book "The Strength of Character'. It is AWESOME.......pick it up!!! Photobucket

2. I LOVE energy drinks. I am currently dogsitting for a family friend.....WHO DOES NOT OWN A COFFEE POT....(I didn't know that was possible) so I have been hitting up the energy drinks to keep the caffeine headaches at bay. I pose the all important question: WHO DOESN'T OWN A COFFEE POT?

3. I am hoping all the yersiniosis bacteria (look that one up...fun times!) is gone. For those who haven't heard, I was food poisoned sometime the week before Christmas which resulted in (what I thought) a stomach bug on Christmas Eve. Fast forward 5 weeks to mid Jan and I was still having issues which I attributed to the Crohn's (look that one up too!) so I visited the dr. Thats right guys- I waited 6 weeks to go. I don't go to the dr. till I have one foot in the ground. After many tests, they realized it was this rare- 1 in 100,000- foodborne illness. And, I even got a phone call from the local health department as this is a reportable illness. But, the good news is that I now have a GI appt next Monday so they can see what kind of damage the bacteria has caused and what the status of my Crohn's is. I suppose this was a way of getting my attention to find a GI- considering I haven't been to one since my diagnosis when I lived in Michigan. Funny how things work. :)

4. Foot rubs are underrated!

Have a blessed evening!!!

No comments: