Friday, February 29, 2008

DUI checkpoints and other fun detours....

1. Tonight I met some friends at Chiefs for a late dinner.....but they were charging a $5 cover to listen to some 'country rock band'. Needless to say, I did not get my much heralded Buffalo Chicken Wrap. We walked out and went to O'Charleys.

2. On the way home I come up to........the dreaded DUI checkpoint. LIBERATING! I cruised right up.......and didn't have to: a) throw my seatbelt on quickly b) turn my radio down c) put gum in my mouth or d)pray a foxhole prayer. It made my night! I chatted with the officer......who was very friendly.....gave him my license....HE GAVE IT BACK.....and went along my way. (I won't go into details on how some moron at the intersecting street then nearly hit my car as he ran the light....with my window still down and officers everywhere.....I did swear at him. oops! I'll try better next time:)

3. My face is flipping peeling off! I currently have Neosporin slathered all over my lips. ATTRACTIVE.

4. I also heard from the hospital today. I have to be there at 7:30 Monday morning for the scope. They are putting me out for it so it isn't a repeat of last time! Thank God. So.....I will be abstaining from food.....and nourishing my body with clear fluids and Fleets Phospho Soda in prep for the "big dig" monday.

To thine own self be true.......

No comments: